By: Madelyn
XtraMath Talk
| www.xtramath.org |
Everyone knows what XtraMath is. And I doubt anyone likes it. It is a math practice website where you need to answer a measly math problem in under 3 seconds. Personally, I really don’t like XtraMath. I think it is boring and long, and I think it is unfair to judge people based on how many questions you get right in a row. Also, it doesn’t matter how fast you can do a math problem as long as you know the correct answer. It’s also unnecessary for the guy in the red shirt to make those silly faces. I think teachers made an enormous mistake making us kids go to that horrible thing. But I’ve got some suggestions that might make teacher’s and student’s eyes pop…
Listen, teachers, I know you think XtraMath is so perfectly amazing for students and builds their skills on math, but hear this now. When I was in fourth grade, XtraMath made me stay on addition for a whole year and a half. It wasn’t my fault; I got about seventy smiley faces in a row. I was doing great. Teachers, I am not the only one who had to go through that. My little brother, Sam, was on subtraction for so long, I can’t even remember how long. He was really disappointed that he was not moving up to multiplication. He was on it much longer than he should have been. I felt so bad for him, and I feel his pain. Poor us.
Also, XtraMath has been making students do “Race the Teacher” two times! Sometimes, even three times before they finally let the students go. And What’s more, there is absolutely no way to determine how many math problems XtraMath will give you. It’s always a different amount of equations, so you can never be sure.
Listen, Students, I know you probably want to do something very, very, very evil to the person who created XtraMath. I feel the same way, believe me. I would do anything to destroy that horrible creature of a website. You would probably do anything to get away from XtraMath. I feel your pain.
I’m giving suggestions to the teachers for different, fun, cool, yet still educational websites. I know, it sounds impossible. But actually, it’s not!
Khan Academy
The first suggestion is a new and fun website called Khan Academy. I know many people already know what it is, but if that website gets popular enough, teachers may scratch out XtraMath...FOREVER! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!! Sorry. Anyway, I love Khan Academy. It’s fun, exciting, and educational! It even has energy points! How cool is that? You can have different ranks of different math subjects. Those ranks are: Needs Practice, Practiced, Level One, Level Two, and finally, Mastered. Also, Khan Academy gives you different types of really cool badges, too. Those types of badges are: Black Hole, Earth, Sun, Moon, Meteorite, and finally, Challenge Badges. You can find this awesome site at: www.khanacademy.org
Coolmath
| www.coolmath.com |
The second suggestion of a new and fun website is Coolmath. Oh my gosh, I love Coolmath so much! Again, I know that many people know what it is, but this website might really start to grab teacher’s eyes, and teachers might forget about XtraMath! It help kids practice math, but in the best, most fun way! It is so fun, and all of the games are cool! It has strategy games, logic games, thinking games, all sorts of games. Of course, there are some games that are not really math related, but they involve all the things that I listed above. You can choose what kind of games you want; geometry games, math games, and many more. You can find this website at www.coolmath.com
What do YOU think should be the new popular, fun, educational, website?
No comments:
Post a Comment
This is an elementary school literary blog. Please keep comments and suggestions age appropriate.