Wednesday, May 7, 2014


Book Review: Catching  Fire


By: Keara


Have you ever wasted time reading a horrible book you thought would be amazing?  Catching Fire is the second book in the Hunger Games Series, and I have one word for it: AMAZING.

The book is by Suzanne Collins.  The first part of the book is recapping what happened in the first book.  I like that because if you take a big gap in between reading the first few pages could refresh your memory.  I do think that the main character changed a lot between books.  This book is very action-packed, and has a lot of turning points. Also this book has a lot of new characters, like new tributes, and game makers!

Although this book has a lot of upsides, it also has some downsides.  One downside is that they tell use too much in the beginning .  One example is before we meet the characters they tell us too much about them.

Overall I think that this book was very good.  I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. I give it this score because it has A LOT of good parts, but it occasionally has a bad part.  In conclusion you will not waste your time reading this book.

http://www.brighthubeducation.com/homework-help-literature/52826-theme-of-catching-fire/

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. That's one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, the beginning was too long and not action-packed enough.

    ReplyDelete

This is an elementary school literary blog. Please keep comments and suggestions age appropriate.